Monday, May 4, 2009

Where should widgets be stored once they are loaded?

I seem to have files all over the place. Different widgets in different files. Like ~/documents/widgets and ~/library/Yahoo widgets/konfigulator. Should all the Yahoo widgets be in one file? Is there a default file where new widgets are stored? Which one? Are there preferences to set that?





I have a question on the new Yahoo widgets dock: what does it mean when it says a widget is missing but I can click on that dock item and the widget appears.





Thanks for your help.

Where should widgets be stored once they are loaded?
The default Widget directory is: My Documents/My Widgets





Some Widget also store data In a Widget Data area.





To get to that area


Click on My Computer


Enter the following path:


C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Application Data\Yahoo\Widget Engine\Widget Data





Any time I download a Widget from the Yahoo Widget Gallery It is automatically stored in the My Documents/My Widgets directory.


.
Reply:desktop!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment