Friday, November 13, 2009

My yahoo widgets can't connect to the internet?

My browser works just fine, but widgets can't connect. Already checked with my firewalls and put widgets on the exceptions list. Is there a possibility that this issue has to do with my adsl moden. (i have a gateway)

My yahoo widgets can't connect to the internet?
If everything is working fine, than it's a problem with your widgets. I've had some problems with certain widgets. Have you put widgets on the exceptions list in your anti-virus, spy-ware, or ad-ware programs too?





It's probably not your modem. If you use a router, maybe it could interfere; because most routers act as and extra firewall. You can change this though, when installing, or through your address bar by putting in the numbers and then pressing enter. The numbers for my belkin router and probably most are: 192.168.2.1, then I press enter and router options come out.





When I had widget problems in the past, that wouldn't go away; I usually would do a complete widget removal and redownload them again. Make sure you write down the widgets you enjoy using, so you can refer back to them. You don't want to have to do so much searching, I'm sure.





Some widgets, either need to be upgraded, or fully completed to work well. In some cases, beta widgets can be a problem. I've had problems with downloaded beta programs.





Keep your system clean. Defragment, clear history, scan for viruses/spyware/adware etc. etc.





You should give ccleaner and hd cleaner a try!


Also, Advanced WindowsCare. They help clean up the registry too.





If all else fails, try widgets from other sites.





Hope that helped!


M.S.
Reply:i dont think that is the problem





widgets sometimes messes with computers though





its a very large program so it could confuse your computer





try doing a disk clean up and deleting things off the hard drive


if that doesnt work, im sorry i cant help you

pulling baby teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment